Monday, November 2, 2015

RED SKY


On Tuesday, October 13, I went to
Lavell Edwards Stadium to watch
Lone Peak, Davis, and American Fork Bands
at the Rocky Mountain Competition.

Besides Lone Peak and AF, there were a couple of
other bands I had connections to.
Mountain Crest High won the Color Guard section.
Their advisor is Eva Neves Robb, my former student.
Caden Snell, one of Davis High's Drum Majors,
is Pat and Darwin's grandson.

The name of this year's show is
"Red Sky"



 Lone Peak took 1st in Class 3A



Davis High
Caden is the tallest drum major










This band had a Pearl Harbor theme.
At the beginning, they had props of the battleships
that were bombed.  When they turned them around and connected them,
it created the Arizona Memorial.
Impressive.

Mr. Miller, American Fork band director.
He is retiring after this school year.
He is AMAZING!




















BYU Band





Awards







Of course, American Fork swept the competition.
They won every category...at every competition, 
including STATE and REGIONAL!
I'm sure every band is THRILLED that Mr. Miller is retiring!
Lexie told me at Zac's homecoming that he was retiring!
She's a 9th grader...marching with Davis.
I'm sure that's what all the bands are talking about.

I hope the new teacher just picks up where Mr. Miller left off!
Mr. Miller picked up where Don Peterson left off...when he
went to be in charge of the BYU Marching Band,
later, the head of BYU Music Department.
He was my student teacher my senior year in high school.
We petitioned the school district to hire him as the teacher
when our fabulous teacher of just one year, Mr. Chessley,
left to go to Idaho to be a principal.

Caden leaving the field


No comments: