Monday, October 13, 2008

SHIPWRECK! AAAAHHH!!!

We learned a fun new game in P.E. It's called "Shipwreck." There are four sides to the ship; bow, stern, port, and starboard. When the part of the ship is called out, we all run to it. The last two students to get there are out.
Photobucket
When "Captain's Coming" is called, we stand at attention, and salute with our right hand.
Photobucket
"Hit the Deck" means we hurry and lay flat on our stomachs.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
"Man Overboard" means you have to link arms with one other person.
Photobucket
The best one is "Row the Boat!" For tis one, you have to run and sit on the center line. The person at the "front" of the boat says, "ready, begin." Then the students in the boat start rowing, while they sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat!" The last two students to do all of the actions on each call are out. A new game begins when there is one person left.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

wendy said...

That seems like a great game! I'm going to use that for a family reunion idea.

xantogal said...

How fun! I wish I learned this game when I was in elementary!! WOW!

Amy said...

Hello! I was so excited to hear from you! I love the class blog and I think this P.E. idea is fabulous. My students would absolutely love it. I am currently teaching in West Jordan at Copper Canyon Elem. (fifth grade as well).
Amy (Smith) Flynn

mamasuisse said...

What a fun game. With all that running, though, I think I'd be out really quick.