Sunday, February 7, 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 5 YEARS MAKES!

Our class poll on who would win the Super Bowl was very close! 53% voted for the Indianapolis Colts and 47% voted for the New Orleans Saints.

Intercepting the ball to seal the deal!


Diving for a TD.


The Lombardi Trophy. It was named after legendary coach of the Green Bay Packers, Vince Lombardi. The trophy goes to the winner of the Super Bowl.


The Super Dome received a lot of damage during Hurricane Katrina 5 years ago. It housed many homeless people during the devastation.


The city of New Orleans is home of Marde Gras, the New Orleans Saints, The New Orleans Hornets, and was home to the New Orleans Jazz from 1974-1979. In 1979, the Jazz moved from New Orleans to Utah...and the rest, they say, is history! The city was devastated when it was hit by Hurricane Katrina 5 years ago. The levies that helped to hold back rising waters collapsed. The city has come back in a big way!

4 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

Amen...so true.

Anonymous said...

I always love reading your posts! :) I just wanted to write you and say thank you for the incredibly sweet comment you left on my blog. I am so grateful for all your love and support and spiritual encouragement through all of this. Thank you again! You're wonderful!

Ashley said...

Hey Miss Mitchell..I loved looking through your blog. I really need to come down and visit Alpine Elementary, maybe we could get together with Condita for lunch or something. That would be really fun for me. Now I am an old lady with 2 kids staying home in sweats...he he. I think Alpine Elementary is the best school and best place by far that I have ever worked...If you can believe I taught at 5 schools in 7 years.. Crazy! Tell Condita and Sonda hello...also David..

alpinekleins said...

These are great photos - I think I was split just like your poll . . . just ENJOYED the game :)

Kristin