Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD!

Every year, the Alpine Community Theater presents a great production. This year, the play was "The Wizard of Oz!" I love "The Wizard of Oz!!!" When I was in 2nd grade, I had the chicken pox the first week back to school after Christmas break. Because my mom taught school, she took me to Nephi to stay with my grandma, grandpa, and great grandpa for a week. We watched the movie on tv. When Dorothy's house landed in Oz, the movie changed from black & white...to COLOR!!! My grandparents had a color tv. This was the first time I had EVER seen a show in COLOR!!! This movie came on tv once a year the entire time I was growing up! It was always on a Sunday night.
Three of my great nieces went with me to Alpine to see the play! Elizabeth from my class was Munchkin and a poppy. Several current and former students of Alpine Elementary were in the production.


Cast of Wizard of Oz...from Facebook page.


Waiting for the play to begin.
Camry, Courtney, Jaycie



Waiting to meet Dorothy and Toto.


Dorothy was the only character Camry would get her picture taken with.


Tinman


Trees


The Wicked Witch of the West


Glinda, the Good Witch


Cowardly Lion


Scarecrow


Jaycie (5), Camry (4 1/2), Courtney (9 1/2)

No comments: