Sunday, March 13, 2011

WHERE DID MY SCHOOL GO?

My mom and I went to St. George the first weekend of March.  We were driving around, looking for West Elementary.  My mom taught there, and I went to kindergarten there.  All we saw was this:


Where did my school go?


In looking on the internet...it was torn down.


This is the view of the Black Mountain that I had from the playground.



No one could miss these trees!  Thank goodness they are still there!


My mom's classroom on the left, looked out on one of these gorgeous trees!


This was the back of the school where we lined up.  Each classroom in the back had it's own door.  Every Friday, we walked across a little bridge, with a nickel, to get an ice cream cone!


This is how the playground looked when I was there!


And, this is what the playground looks like today:


They say change is good...you must make progress...but, you can't take away my memories!

No comments: