Saturday, September 13, 2014

A FAIR WEATHER DAY AT THE FAIR




When I was growing up, our family went every year to the 
Utah State Fair.
It was a tradition, and also, we went for my
dad's birthday, which was September 8.
Reid also won a few ribbons at the fair.

I remember going with my 4th grade class on a field trip.
I used to go in the early 1980s, with my
family and Reid's 3 oldest kids.
But, I hadn't been there for 30 years!!!

I went up Wednesday, September 10.
All by myself.
Because I can.
I walked and saw exhibits.
Sat. Rested. Watched people.
Walked and browsed some more.
Sat. Rested. Watched people.
I'm still in the recovery mode of my Charcot Foot.


I took lots of photos.
Everywhere.
Until my battery died.

I was only disappointed with one exhibit.
My favorite exhibit growing up was the county exhibit.
All 29 of Utah's counties had a display,
representing the best of their county.
Not too many exhibited.
Disappointed.
I had waited 30 years for it!

Here are my fair pictures.
In the order that I wandered around.


I couldn't wait to see these!!!
My 3rd grade teacher friends would send me a
photo every year of the 
Butter Sculpture!
Even this year, I received them!
It's ALL made of 
BUTTER!!!




























I had quite a long rest at this little place.
A bunch of girls were singing…kind of like a recital.
Most had no personality, pretty flat, 
and stood like statues to sing. 
This girl's name is Kelsey.
She is 12 years old.
She is A.MA.ZING!
Sounds a lot like Tina Turner!!!



This was a ride that you laid on your stomach
as you went around.






 Bees













Divas through the Decades








No comments: