Friday, October 2, 2015

AF VOLLEYBALL . . . AND WHITLEY


On Tuesday, September 29, I went to 
American Fork High School 
to watch Whitley Bezzant play volleyball.
(I missed McKell's games cuz I was Visiting Teaching.)

Whitley is Renae's great niece.
Her grandpa, Jay, was my high school biology teacher.

It was American Fork vs Lone Peak.
Lone Peak broke off from AF in 1997.
It's the high school my students go to.

I loved being in AF's new gym.
GORGEOUS!!!

Lone Peak won (like they usually do with all sports),
but I always cheer for
"Dear Ol' AF High!"

Whitley #4
McKell...flag girl




Check out Whitley's gymnastics/volleyball move!

Nice, McKell!




Taking off!


Jaysa Funk #13








With Whitley & Renae

1 comment:

Kamp Kyburz said...

Whitley would hike up to the cave a lot and laughed her head off one day when I locked the gate trapping a late afternoon hiker on the trail...on purpose. He convinced me and Ranger Becky (Whitley was really close to Ranger Becky) to let him hike all the way up to the top (he was so fast you know) and I let him know we were the closing rangers and that I wouldn't appreciate him delaying our hike down to get off duty. Well, we got to the gate just above quarter way and there was no sign of this hiker. So I locked the gate and the three of us hid around the corner. He rattled that gate and yelled his head off. I let him suffer about 30 seconds before calmly walking around the corner to let him out saying, "You said you were fast and wouldn't delay us at all." Whitley just thought it was the most hilarious thing that I would actually do that to someone.