Saturday, February 3, 2018

ODE TO THE STICKERS

I found my sticker cards!!!
When I retired, I saved very little.  I was planning
on keeping my files, then decided against it.
Then, I was just going to keep my Social Studies
and Science units.
Again, I threw them out.
But, I kept one copy of each of these.
Sticker Cards.
A sticker card is a way that I kept track of how many
stickers a student earned.
Here's how they earned them:

1 Sticker
100% most tests
Weekly note signed and returned the next day
Parent signature on units
TTable or row in 4th place with table points
Letter signed for when a unit is due
No back work
Back work completed the first day
A- on a Social Studies and Science units
90%-92% on Social Studies and Science tests
25/25 on planner
Homework completed on time

2 Stickers
Table or row in 3rd place with table points
93%-99% on Social Studies and Science tests
A on a Social Studies and Science units

3 Stickers
Table or row in 2nd place with table points
100% on Social Studies and Science tests
A+ on Social Studies and Science tests

4 Stickers
Table or row in 1st place with table points

Each sticker they received, I initialed one number
on their sticker card.  
When they reached 25, they got to pull a
prize out of the "Grab Bag."

When we started having "End of Month Activities,"
they had to have their sticker card for that month filled up.
(Plus 5 SRAs and 2 book reports)

When I went to sticker cards, it was Year #5 of teaching.
Before, I kept track on a point sheet with their names.
Waaaaay hard!
I made the September card, and students in my
fifth class made the rest.  
I told them what I wanted, and they created them!!!
They especially liked putting faces on!

September - light green     October - range pumpkin 

November - brown turkey     December - green Christmas tree 

January - white snowman     February - pink heart  

March - green shamrock     April - lavender bunny     May - yellow flower

And, if you have stickers, you have to have a
Sticker Card Holder!




This was my sticker card holder!
My best friend, since age 6. made it for me!
Tole Painting, a folk art of decorative
painting on tin and wood, was VERY 
popular in the 1980's!
I used this sticker card holder for over 30 years!
All of my stickers were kept here, and sat on
the little desk by me.
It was hard to keep the kids from scratching and
smelling those good ol' 
Scratch 'n Sniff stickers.

It was one child's job to pass out stickers
when I wasn't doing it.
Also, students were very happy to
"clean out" the holder.
This meant taking out papers where no
stickers were on any more.
(One of those tedious tasks that kids
were happy to do!)
Also, more times than not, when the holder
got knocked off the desk, a foot would come off.
No problem.
Easy to glue back on!!!

And, last, but not least . . . THE STICKERS!!!




Holiday Stickers

Birthday Stickers


New stickers
(not as good)

And . . . the worst smelling stickers of all:
(in my opinion)

Tree

Bandaids

Gasoline

The worst of the worst
SKUNK


When the word stickers was mentioned at
Alpine Elementary, my name was
synonymous with it!

What was your favorite sticker?

No comments: