Sunday, April 14, 2019

STAINED GLASS STUDENT

Have you ever known anybody that became stained glass?
Have you ever had a student become stained glass??
A stained glass that would be seen by
hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of people over the years???
I have!

AriAnna Young.
Senior.
Lone Peak High School.  

I was privileged to teach her in the 5th grade.
I also taught 5 other of her siblings!

I saw two of her sisters at the pool last week.
They were telling me the story.
A man in their ward wanted to have her be
part of a stained glass art, because she has
an exotic look about her.
He didn't tell her where it was going to be until later.

The Rome Italy LDS Visitors Center!

Rome Italy Temple


And . . . here's the process:

Posing

The artist sketching

Final sketch

Ari's numbered glass
She's the one on the right, by the lamb

The glass is numbered


Sorting through the glass

 Working on the glass


Moving the glass panels into the Visitors Center

Ari's panel


Complete stained glass

Here's Ari with her date for the Lone Peak Prom

And even though the following photos are not about the 
stained glass, I love them!
These men are the leadership of the 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The prophet of our church, Russell M. Nelson, is standing
in the middle.
He performed open heart surgery on my dad in 1979.

Standing to his left, is Dallin H. Oaks, 1st Counselor.
He was president of BYU when I attended there.

Seated second from left is Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
He was president of BYU for a couple of weeks before I graduated.
My dad taught him in math, physics, and surveying 
at Dixie Jr. College for 4 years.
(No high school building.  Juniors and Seniors in high school
and Freshmen and Sophomores in college attended on
the same campus, late 1950's, early 1960's.  New high school
completed in 1964, and the college moved to their new campus.)

Seated next to Elder Holland, is 
Elder M. Russell Ballard.
I taught his grandson, Tommy Ballard, in 5th grade.
I also taught Samantha (Sammy) Raven Ballard,
who married his grandson last year.

Behind the statue of Christ, are statues of His 11 apostles.







No comments: