Sunday, September 8, 2019

NAME THIS BUILDING

Where was this photo taken???
When was this photo taken???
Name this building:

I found this photo on a Facebook group page.
It is a Facebook group called:
"Remembering St. George."

This is a building in St. George.
The name of the building is the:
Dixie Pioneer Memorial Hospital.

The time period is the 1950's.
I was born in this hospital in 1958.
This is what it looked like when I was born.

The hospital was located east, across the street from
the St. George LDS Temple.

When I returned to attend Dixie Jr College in 1976,
it had changed.  They had several different medical offices
inside.  Even a psychiatric ward!

Here are some photos of my birthplace:
When the trees were small.
Did my mom enter these doors to bring me into the world?
Did she come here on October 25?


The trees grew

The back side of the hospital with the temple
and the black "D" mountain in the background

Here's the lobby where she entered

Did she help my mom?
Marie Cottam at the switchboard

I was born here


I was taken to the nursery after I was born,
on October 26, 1958
6:03 in the morning


Was my mom in one of these beds after I was born?

Food for my mom and dad was made in this kitchen


In the laundry, everything was ironed

The cost to be in the hospital



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google,
and found that it's truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.

I'll appreciate if you continue this in future.
A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!