Thursday, November 14, 2019

MANNERS



Every third Thursday of November,
we had a real Thanksgiving Dinner for school lunch!
It was the absolute BEST!

To celebrate this day, I taught my kids manners!
I had the kids dress up.
They learned manners, and practiced them.

My last year, on the day that we would normally have
our Thanksgiving lunch, we had taco soup.
One of the problems was that soooooo many parents
came to eat the Thanksgiving lunch with their kids!
The last couple of years, they ran out of food for
the 6th graders.
One year, I got back to my room, and parents
were sitting in other students desks to be near
their kids.  The back table was full, and even
a mother was sitting at my desk!!!
They complained to me about eating in my room.
I told them we were going to practice the manners
we had learned!

Me, and about 5 kids had to stand at the
counter to eat our lunch.

I gave up.

No comments: