Saturday, December 19, 2009

THE MAKING OF A POM POM PILLOW

We are learning to make pom pom pillows! We wrap yarn around nails on a wooden frame. Depending on the pattern, that's how our pillow will be. After we wrap, we tie each square. We cut all but the bottom three yarns. And the fringe will is made when we cut it off the frame.


Carissa & Mitch



Zach & Josh



Thomas


Eric


Mandy


We spent one morning sewing up our pillows, and tacking on our tops! Thanks to Dakota's mom, McKay & Spencer's mom, Faith's mom, Avery's mom, and Savannah's mom for all the help!


Spencer's pillow material was cows!


Josh & Avery


Stuffing the pillows.


Sewing up the pillows.


The girls.


The boys.

4 comments:

melody said...

This is too cute! I remember making mine, in fact, I still have it! Thank you Miss Mitchell!!

Rees said...

I am so happy that you are still making those cute pillows!! I remember mine --- pastel pink, white and pastel blue. Oh yes...the changing-color yarn :-) That was one of the best projects ever!

angel^fyre said...

I was wondering if you have the pattern for the board itself? I used to make these when i was young and want to make some more. Please email it to me at angelfyre05@gmail.com if you have it. Thank you in advance

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for fantastic information I was looking for this information for
my mission.