Thursday, May 1, 2014

ADK STATE CONVENTION


On April 11-13, my mom and I attended the
State Alpha Delta Kappa Convention.
This is a sorority for outstanding women educators.
I have been a member for about 20 years, and my mom, 37.

On Friday, we attended a dinner at the Lion House
for the Executive and Expanded Boards.
I am the State Secretary for the
 2012-2014 Biennium.
At this convention, I was installed as the
President-Elect for the
2014-2016 Biennium.
I will be the President for the state of Utah for the
2016-2018 Biennium.
Then, I will be Past President for the
2018-2020 Biennium.


Love the flowers on Temple Square...heading to the Lion House.








After the dinner at the Lion House, mom and I drove to
Ogden.  We stayed for 2 nights.


The original Ogden Temple was built in 1972.
It looked exactly like the Provo Temple.
Both temples needed seismic upgrades.
The Provo Temple is closed twice a year for 6 weeks at a time.
They could not tear down the Provo Temple, because of the
MTC and BYU.
The Ogden Temple was torn down 3 years ago, 
and is being rebuilt.
It should be finished in September.
 











We attended the Sunday morning broadcast of
"Music and the Spoken Word."
This is the weekly broadcast of the
Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
The first broadcast was July 15, 1929!

  Flowers by Tabernacle




Since it was the Sunday before Easter, we were
privileged to hear several selections from 
Handel's Messiah!
 







No comments: