Wednesday, July 29, 2015

AN EVENING WITH THE MOTAB

I am always looking for ways to save money.
Birthdays are a HUGE expense!  
Eleven nieces, nephews, and spouses.
Fourteen, going on fifteen greats.
And friends.

When I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir  was
doing their Pioneer Day Concert, and the guest was
Laura Osnes (Cinderella on Broadway), I tried to get tickets online.
It wasn't like Christmas, where it locks you out after
requesting 4 tickets.
I was able to get 4!  Then, I tried again...4 more, and then 4 more!
SCORE!!!
Except, the second group of 4 was Terrace seating.
The rest were Plaza...main floor.
I gave the Terrace to Condita to take Kiliya and
hopefully Kylei and another guest.
Instead, she took BreAnn and Annalea.
(I used to always get freebie tickets from Analee when 
she was in the choir.  Now, I have to work for them!)

I took mom, Jane, Cathy & Brad, Carolyn & Lynn, and Jaycie.
I told my friends it was their birthday present!
HUZZAH!!!

We found our favorite usher . . . Don!
Cathy, Brad, Jane, Don, Lynn, Carolyn, Me

Jaycie & Grandma Dixie
This was Jaycie's first MoTab concert.
She LOVED it!!!


Jaycie & Aunt Ann

Program




Before the lights came up.
The dresses are blue.

Lights on...dresses are lavender!

They made a BIG announcement that you could not photograph or
record any of the concert.  
I have followed Natalie Hill Jensen's blog for years.
Mormon in Manhattan.
She was in the broadway show, Grease, with Laura Osnes.
Last September, she married the assistant Jazz coach, 
Alex Jensen.
She's living my dream sitting court side!
So, I'm not sure why she was allowed to, so I
screenshot her Instagram!
Ha!


Great article in the Church News.



 Showing the massiveness of the
Conference Center.
Floor, Terrace, Balcony.






No comments: