Wednesday, December 3, 2008

OUR SPECIAL GUEST

On December 3, we had a special guest from Plymouth, Massachusetts. His name is Michael Weber, and he goes around the country teaching about the Pilgrims, dressing as the character. He also works at the "Plimouth Plantation." In our class, his character is Francis Cook, a Pilgrim who left his wife and young children back in England while he and is oldest son come to America to work. He told about the horrible journey, and how they colonized Massachusetts. Tyler and Eli tried on the clothes of the young children. Ryan W tried on the gown of the very young, and also the hat to cushion his head if he fell.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

mamasuisse said...

How fun! Sarah didn't say anything about it. I hope it wasn't the day she stayed home sick. I'll ask her when she gets home.

Kerra 'n' Josh said...

Ann, You are such an amazing teacher! you currently have EMily Barlow in your class who is my cousin. Ann Searle is also my Grandma! Every time I go to Emily's house she shows me what fun things she's done in her class through this blog... THank For Your hard Work!

alpinekleins said...

What a wonderful site, I could have stayed here all day:) But I guess I better get a move on . . . it was fun stopping by. I'll come by again soon!

Kristin Klein

Natalie Call said...

What a fun day! This is great! I get a lot of tips and ideas from your blog...I hope that is alright with you!