Saturday, May 23, 2009

EGG DROP

The 5th grade had an "Egg Drop" competition. Mr. Finlayson and Mrs. Weakley climbed to the roof of the school. Students were to prepare a raw egg to be dropped from the roof, without breaking. Eggs were packed in styrofoam, bubble wrap, boxes, even pudding and jello! Some also made a type of parachute! Students could also devise a way to catch a raw egg. Towels, shirts, pantyhose, and styrofoam were some of the ingenious ways! Thanks to Mr. Finlayson for the fun idea!





























6 comments:

Marin said...

So which ideas were the most successful? Looks like a fun event to watch.

xantogal said...

Fantastic job of cleaning up the mess too! :) Sad that I missed seeing it all happen.

Heather said...

Can you believe it's the end of yet another school year? The egg drop looked really fun. Our school did a similar thing, but I wasn't there to see the results. You guys are so creative. As for card group "talent" you have more creativity than me for sure. I think you're amazing!! What are your summer plans??

Camille said...

This looks like so much fun! Wish they'd done this when I was little. Ohh to be a kid again! Fun! Fun!

Camille said...

This looks like so much fun! Wish they'd dropped eggs when I was little. Oh to be a kid again! Fun times!

Camille said...

Oh to be a kid again! I wish they'd done this when I was little. Fun times!