Tuesday, June 23, 2015

600 MONTHS



My Uncle Bruce & Aunt Nadene have been married for
50 YEARS!!!
And, I totally remember it!!!
June 11, 1965.
I was a flower girl...6 years old.
Our dresses were yellow and sleeveless.
They were married at a reception center in Salt Lake City.
The next night, we went to Nephi for an open house.

Uncle Bruce was 9 years younger than my mom.
Child #4 of 5.
He lived with us our last 2 years in St. George
while he attended Dixie Jr. College.

He finished his undergraduate at Weber State.
Then, physical therapy school in 
Galveston, Texas.
He practiced for a few years in Racine, Wisconsin.
Then, hating Wisconsin winters,
went to Ocala, Florida.

When I just got out of 7th grade, I spent a month
with them.  Five days in Denver with Nadene's sister,
and 3 1/2 weeks in Racine, Milwaukee, and Chicago.
My cousins are:
Kellie (1st girl cousin), born 1967.
Hospital administrator in Jacksonville, Florida.
Kristina, born 1969.
High School Special Ed teacher in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Jason, born 1971.
Professor at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.

I like this invitation, celebrating 600 months!
They spent their anniversary in Alaska.




No comments: