Wednesday, June 24, 2015

MY ALPINE


Since I taught in Alpine for 33 years,
I definitely consider it to be my
"home away from home."

Because Nick Gentry's funeral was near the
foothills, I decided to drive up after.

This was where I took my class hiking for years!
We walked from the school to the North Mountain.
Boy, I took walking for granted!!!

When we first went, the road was dirt
from the top of Grove Drive.
Now it's paved all the way!

We did a lot of learning about the history
and geology of the area, did experiments,
ate lunch, and went to the bowery for a water fight.

These pictures are GORGEOUS,
but...we always went in October.  
Nothing says beauty like Alpine in the fall!!!



This area meant that we had arrived!


Patterson house sits on the Wasatch Fault








No comments: