Thursday, September 10, 2015

KINDERGARTNERS

Addie & Carter are in kindergarten!
Time sure flies!!!
Unfortunately, they are not in the same class.

This was a project that the kids got to do with their parents.

Addie
Addie is my BEST helper!
She is now a whiz on doing my monthly condo decorations!!!
Especially dressing my bear, and changing out the tree!
She never complains...just gets in and gets it done!!!
She has been saving her money from helping me for 3 years!
They are going to Disneyland next week for the first time!
I always have to pay her in $1 bills...only.

I love how Addie and her mom put a picture of Addie for the head.
She said they used yarn for the hair...and material for the clothes.


Carter
Carter is such a kind, sensitive, and tenderhearted boy!
He may have gotten this from:
1.  Being the youngest in family
2.  Being the only boy
3.  Having 2 sisters
4.  His sisters are waaaay older.  10 & 15 (4th & 9th grades)

Carter is the king of Skylanders (whatever that is)
The picture he and his mom worked on is ADORABLE!
His hair is spiked up.
He has a "Skylander" shirt on...and that could possibly be
some kind of Skylander paper in his hand.)
He has the Wii remote in the other hand.
And...that's little Kaos, the youngest member of the family.

Addie & Carter have homework.
WHAT???
When I was in kindergarten, we took naps.
If we could lay still on our "mat," we had the chance
to be the "Wake Up Fairy!"
We learned our colors, shapes, alphabet, days of week,
months of year, writing our name, how to share, etc.
I went to kindergarten at West Elementary in
St. George.
Hazel Fawson was my teacher.
My mom taught 2nd grade there!
(Moved to AF for the rest of my schooling.)
Every Friday, we brought a nickel to school.
We walked across a little bridge behind the school
to the Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone!
We didn't do math.  Or reading.

This is why I encourage my nieces and nephews to sign
up for the district preschool class!
They have a curriculum to follow, and are held accountable.
I pay for it.  (I pay for everyone.)
So far, Jaycie, Preston, Addie, and Carter have been in
the District preschool.
(Jaycie went to Alpine in afternoon.  I took her home.)

I went to "Nursery School" at Dixie Jr. College.
The college child development class did the Nursery School.
Dona Parkinson was the teacher.
She had me give my Persuasive speech about Child Abuse
to her college classes when I was in college!
Our classroom was across the hall from my dad's
classroom!  He taught at the college!

Oakley is currently in the district preschool.
Lily is in a home preschool in Genola.
11 kiddos down . . . 4 to go!





LONG LIVE KINDERGARTEN!!!

No comments: