Friday, December 25, 2015

A CHRISTMAS CARD TO REMEMBER


My feet.
Terrible!
I was diagnosed with neuropathy in 2000.
It is a complication of diabetes.
My feet are numb.
But, I'm in terrible pain if I don't take
my Gabapentin on time!
I have to have my nails cut every 9 weeks
by the foot doctor.
I've had terrible blisters after trips, like NYC.
After the Rose Parade trip, 3 toes on my right foot had
blistered down to the tissue!
I spent 12 weeks at the foot doctor!
He was putting the foreskin from baby boy circumcisions
on the 3 toes.  It attaches and GROWS!
Then, the Charcot Foot diagnoses that led to my retirement.
The partially torn Achilles tendon was my birthday
present this year...BLEH!
I never blogged about this while I was teaching,
but I have since my retirement.
Well, on Sunday, December 20, I noticed that
my big left toe was gray!
Thank goodness I had an appointment to
check my Achilles the next day!!!
Heidi and Katie, my personal nurses, saw the picture. 
 Both said it was infected.
I had my foot x-rayed.
Surprise, surprise...it was broken!
I have no idea how it happened...because I can't feel it!
He also took my nail off.
Didn't need a shot...cuz I can't feel it!

I decided to make this little Christmas card
to send to the nieces and nephews
(except Camille, who is 8 months pregnant)
It's to the tune
Deck The Halls

I decided to post this, cuz no one
reads my blog except me,
so no one can be grossed out!


No comments: