Saturday, September 23, 2017

GARETT

Garett Vance was one of my all time favorites!
I say that about all of them,
but Garett really was!

I have known Garett since he was born!
His grandpa, Calvan Vance, taught
next door to me for 17 years!
He was my all time favorite teammate!!!
His grandfather, Thayne Bateman, was the
custodian my first 3 years of teaching!
He and his siblings went with me to
a Jazz game when a season ticket holder
used to get 2 extra seats at a game.

Garett worked as a sweeper at Alpine
when he was in high school.
When I retired, the entire Vance family
had a 4th of July bbq for my retirement!

Garett served a mission in Tucson, Arizona.
When he returned, Nichole Hyde and her family
attended the homecoming and brunch.
They were in the same ward in Alpine.
Nichole's mom, Brook, was a music teacher
at Alpine Elementary.
Then, they moved to Salt Lake City.

After the homecoming, they got together.
The reception was at Calvan (RIP) and Margaret's home.
It was sooo great to see everybody!!!





Left to right:  Mrs. Barker (Jeanie's mom), Carson & Brittany,
Nichole & Garett, Jeanie & Doug, Ashley, Margaret (Doug's mom
and my teammate, Calvan's wife)
Love, love, love, my Vance family!!!

No comments: