Wednesday, January 17, 2018

CHRISTMAS FUDGE

My favorite Christmas book this year was:


Christmas Fudge was written by one of my favorite authors,
Gerald Lund (Work and Glory series is a favorite!)

The book is about a World War II pilot/POW.
It is taken from his journal, and from his children.

The reason I love this book so much, is that I
know the main character!
Wendell Terry was in the bishopric when I was
growing up!

American Fork 10th Ward
Evan Brady, Bishop
Bill Ellison, 1st Counselor
Wendell Terry, 2nd Counselor

(He was later a bishop, but our ward had been split)

Brother Terry would talk a little bit about his experiences
during World War II.
Loved it!!!


I loved that they included his original illustrations!



I was also able to teach 2 of Brother Terry's granddaughters
in 5th grade!
Jennifer & Lisa Terry

Their mother, Judy, was one of my all time favorite room mothers!
She made me the most darling pumpkin!
Every Halloween, I set it on my sectional!
It is now 35 years old!!!

1 comment:

DEMUTTI said...

This is so cool! I’ll have to get it.