Tuesday, May 8, 2018

TEACHER APPRECIATION

Today was National Teacher Appreciation Day.
I always loved the Teacher Appreciation Week
when I taught school!
Some years were better than others!

When our rooms were open, my pillar by
where the kids came in was decorated.
When they enclosed it, my door was decorated!
I had a lot of BYU, Jazz, and Disney doors.
(Imagine!)

Lots of gifts and notes from 
students and parents.
Always the perfect time of year . . . May.
Basically, you could make it through
the school year!

Today, on Facebook, I saw these:

Nisa Fraser came into my class in the middle of September.
I had taught her sister, Lara (who is now a model,
and married to a Milwaukee Brewer baseball player
who was the MVP.)
She came from the ALL . . . Accelerated Learning Lab.
She said she hated it, because it was 4-5 hours of
homework a night, and it was "busy work."

Nisa graduated from the University of Utah.
She is a little more than halfway through
medical school!


Brandy (Howland) Hart was the 2nd of 3
Howland girls that I taught.
Their mom, LeAnn Collins, was
a year ahed of me in high school.
She met her husband in the army.
She has a girl and a boy.
Leslie is a member of the "Chatfield 6."
I taught all of the Chatfield girls!
I even helped their mom chaperone
three gymnastics trips!
Two to Southern California and
one to Phoenix!
I went to Leslie's temple sealing 
on her wedding day.
When I had my retirement open house,
three of the six sisters came.
They gave me the cookbook: "Six Sisters!"
Leslie has 3 boys and 1 girl.
This was my GIF response.

After being retired for 5 years, these two
Facebook posts were a wonderful surprise!


No comments: