Tuesday, July 3, 2018

TOY STORY

TOYS.
THOSE FABULOUS TOYS WHEN I GREW UP.

HERE'S THE TOP TOYS FROM THE
 60'S, and 70's.
My brother and I had most of them!

(I found these lists on Facebook)




















I had a Chatty Cathy Doll!



And here's some toys not mentioned, but I 
thought were very important in my youth.

Footsie
Footsie . . . yea.
Everybody's having fun!
Footsie . . . yea.
I'm gonna get me one!!!
Chinese Jump Rope

Jump Rope

4-Square

The Dreaded Red Ball.
No one wanted to see this in the gym.
It meant Dodge Ball.
Outside . . . Kickball
When I was in elementary school,
this was called soccer.
Now, it's called kickball.

Hopscotch
Except, I played with a 9 and 10.

Barbie
The first Barbie doll was made in 1959.
So, I am 1 year older than Barbie.
A lady wanted a teenage looking doll
for her daughter.

Spirograph

Lite-Brite


Jacks


Silly Putty


Etch A Sketch
Turn the white knobs to make designs


Kaleidoscope
 Look through the little hole of the
Kaleidoscope, turn the big end.
You would see designs like these.



Slinky
What walks downstairs, alone or in pairs,
and makes a slinkety sound?
A spring, a spring
a marvelous thing!
Everyone knows it's Slinky.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
for fun it's a wonderful toy.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
it's fun for a girl and boy.


Fun Flowers Thingmaker
Pour the color mixture into the little
gray thing that sat on top of of a 
device that you plugged in.
It cooked it, you let it cool,
and a flower popped out.




Bicycles
My brother had a "Schwin" bicycle.
It was exactly like the red one
in the photo below.
(Clothes, too!)

I got my bike for Christmas in
3rd grade.  It looked like this
"Banana Seat" bike.
My bike was a dark purple.


Board Games




This game was my friend, Renae's,
favorite game!!!


Open the door to your . . . 


Chinese Checkers












Who knew I would teach
Charles Schluz's grandson,
Charles Schulz Johnson, in 5th grade?!

Proof that if you dream big enough,
you can do it!
President of the United States
since 2017!
Oh, and have your own board game, too.




No comments: