Wednesday, July 24, 2013

ANOTHER GREAT RETIREMENT CELEBRATION

I had a great retirement celebration tonight!
The Vance family invited my mom and I to a barbecue at their home in Alpine.
My favorite teammate of all time was Calvan Vance.
He was my teammate from Day #1 in 1980...until his
retirement in 1997.
He was such a great mentor and friend!
Three weeks before he retired, he was diagnosed with melanoma cancer.
He passed away on Easter morning, 2000.
I really miss him!
I have always been connected to his family.
His oldest son, Doug, was a custodian at my school for several years.
Doug's wife, Jeanie, is an aide at Alpine Elementary.
Doug & Jeanie were on my Caribbean Cruise.
Blaire now teaches 3rd grade in Vernal.  He is married to Laurette,
who grew up in my ward.
Jody is his oldest daughter.  She's always been there.
The youngest, Debbie, was a student in the fourth class I taught!

Jody's son, Jason, is a sweeper at Alpine Elementary.
Ashley is Doug and Jeanie's oldest. 
She has also worked at Alpine Elementary.
Carson was a student in my class!  In high school, he was a sweeper at 
Alpine Elementary.  He just returned from serving
a mission in California.
Garett will be a senior at Lone Peak.  
He was my student and also a sweeper.

Margaret is Calvan's wife.
She and my mom share the same birthday.
I got to know her through school activities,as Calvan's wife,
 and as the mother of my student, Debbie.
No one makes divinity like Margret!
I used to visit Calvan every year for his birthday, which 
was a summer birthday
She loves BYU football!

It was so fun to spend time with them!

No comments: