Saturday, July 27, 2013

CALLED TO SERVE . . .

I was released in March as an 
ORDINANCE WORKER
  in the
MT. TIMPANOGOS LDS TEMPLE
I was called to serve for 2 years,
but 2 years stretched to 16 years. 
My foot dr. told me to be released (he's a stake president
in Pleasant Grove) and strongly suggested I don't 
serve there again.
(All the standing at the temple and school
contributed to the breakdown of my foot.)
He said after 16 years, I may have received
one or two blessings!

I have been serving as the
RELIEF SOCIETY PIANIST
for the last 4 years.
I haven't played in the last 4 months because of my foot.
I played once, 2 weeks ago.
I used my left foot on the pedal.
Then, I was told I would only play every other week,
because they needed to give more sisters a
chance to serve.
Playing four songs a month as my church calling???
SWEEEET!
I guess I was getting a little too comfortable, 
and may have said it out loud.  And then

BAM
STAKE RELIEF SOCIETY SECRETARY


No comments: