Monday, August 18, 2014

100 YEARS AGO . . .




My mom had her 2 children when she went back to teaching.
Ann Searle had to quit teaching when she became pregnant.
And, that was in the late 1960s!!!


Well, it happened.
I have been asked numerous times to come back and teach
5th grade!
(You have to sign a paper with the State Office of Education saying you will not go back into the classroom...even to sub, for one year.  Something to do with it messing up your stipend, or something like that.)
 
They have a teacher shortage in the west end of the district.
Too many kids!!!
I was requested for Meadow, a school in Saratoga Springs,
and a lady that works in HR that is in my ward said I could have my pick of about 15 schools!!!
It sounded intriguing, for about 2 minutes.
Don't get me wrong, I loved teaching!!!
But, after being out a year, and having a life,
it was soooo easy to say no!
The other 2 big reasons . . . foot, and I threw everything away!
It was nice to be thought of!
(I think they just wanted someone in who could start
school at a moment's notice!) 

And in Sunday School yesterday, we studied
Ecclesiastes 3
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose
under the heaven . . ." 
 
I'm glad my entire 33 year teaching career was all 
in 5th grade, and all at Alpine Elementary!!! 

No comments: