Friday, November 13, 2015

OCTOBER 26




On October 21, Mom & I had dinner in St. George
at the Black Bear Diner.
She had them sing for my birthday


On my actual birthday, Renae came to visit.
Then, I went to lunch at Olive Garden with
Carolyn, Jane, & Cathy



Cards and a gift bag


(First word...Where)




The day after my birthday, I went to lunch
with Nancy.
We like to "do lunch"...because we can!!!

Back in the Saddle Again.
My left heel was hurting a little bit.
It felt like my shoe was too tight, and I might
have a blister.  Nope.  I saw nothing.
I checked a few days later...it looked swollen.
My mom had an appointment on my birthday.
I went to be checked out.
X-rays were ordered.
He asked me how long I had been in pain.
I said it was annoying for about a week.
I also told him it was my birthday, so he could make or break my day.
(I've been to foot doctor twice on Christmas Eve, Valentine's Day,
Halloween, and now...my birthday.)
Well...bone spurs and a partially torn
Achilles tendon.
He said it was an old injury.
Really???  Can't feel from my neuropathy!
I'm in a boot for at least 8 weeks.
I know I've overcompensated with my foot, to
prevent the bones from Charcot Foot on right foot re-breaking.
I put my old boot on right foot to help with balance.

These past 2 years have been great!
Going where I want, when I want!
I would always walk a little, then rest.
(Like State Fair, Festival of Trees, Float Preview, etc.)
Now, I can't do hardly anything!
No temple, swimming, outings!
Just resting it!
I can drive, when I put a shoe on.

The only thing that cheered me up after...were the birthday greetings.
Like this one, from Ashley.

And this from Katie:
Happy birthday to my Auntie Ann, one of my biggest supporters and cheerleader! We are all so lucky to have you. I have so many great memories because of all the adventures you've taken me on. Thank you for all you do!! Xoxo — with Ann Mitchell.



I had close to 400 birthday greetings from texts, 
phone calls, and on Facebook!
It's nice to feel the love...on the 
worst birthday ever!!!

(Family, and a few friends know about my new injury.
I have not posted about it on Facebook.  I did have
a Halloween picture posted.  You could see the boots,
but they're black, and I had a black skirt on.
You could not see them, unless you have eagle eyes!)

No comments: