Thursday, November 23, 2017

HELPING TO MAKE PROFESSIONAL AUTHORS


I am soooo proud of my former students!
I have had several students who are
published authors!
My last few years of teaching, the
students had to test in the
Direct Writing Assessment.
It was being tested on the
Six Traits of Writing.
I didn't have the high scores that
some of my teammates had, 
but, all of my kids except 1 or 2
a year, passed.
You had to have a score of 18/30
to pass.

But, my last year of teaching,
my lowest score was 24/30,
and, I had 6 students get a
perfect score!!!
Most of my students got a
scores of 26-28!
HUZZAH!!!

I have had students published
with books, poetry, thesis', music books,
articles in the LDS Church magazine for teenagers,
 The New Era,
and a symphony!
(Click on "Writing" on the side of my blog, 
or better yet, click on
#ProudMissMitchellMoment)

Here's my latest writer.
Amy McClain was moved into my
class from another class part way
through the year.
She was super nice and smart.

Here is her Facebook post, 
and response to my
#ProudMissMitchellMoment




This response is another reason
why I loved teaching!!!




No comments: