Monday, December 4, 2017

IF HEAVEN IS LIKE A HALLMARK CHANNEL MOVIE

When I was teaching, and doing this blog,
I always had a poll question on it.
It was soooo fun to see all the results!
This was a poll we did every year in December.
I think it still holds pretty true today,
except my favorite movie is
Christmas Vacation.


Our favorite Christmas movie is . . . 

In 2nd place is . . . 

We had a 3 way tie for 3rd place...



We also had a tie for 4th place...


Since this poll, I have discovered the
Hallmark Channel.

They have love story movies all year long.
January has a winter theme.
February is Valentines.
Then, spring movies.
June is wedding movies.
Christmas in July.
Summer, fall, and then . . . Christmas!
The end of October - December.
24 hours of cheesy Christmas movies.








I record the ones I want to see, then watch them
when I can.  That's the way to see them!
Fast forward through all the commercials!

Each and every movie is rated "G". All of the movie story lines are basically the same.
White couples, early 30's.
Sometimes, they are widowed or divorced with 1 or 2 children.
Occupations . . . authors, advertising, company executives, lawyers,
wedding planners, florists, small business owners, etc. but, never a teacher!
No smoking, swearing, sleeping together.
The only vice is minimal drinking.

These ladies have hit star status, or higher star status
 by doing several Hallmark movies.
The stars are:
Candace Cameron-Buré (DJ on Full House)

Danica McKeller (Winnie on Wonder Years)

Alicia Witt

and my favorite, Lacy Charbet

Several movies are set in Vermont, Chicago, Portland,
Seattle, and New York City.
There are even Utah settings!
My classmate, and mother of a student,
Maxine Beck Blackburn, had her home
in one of the movies! 
My former foot doctor, Gary Ridge, his granddaughter
was in one of the movies!

From July Jolley:
I know many of you just LOVE Hallmark movies but look for Jade and Paul 
as extras tonight in "Sharing Christmas". Jade is wearing a light blue coat.
 Paul is the pianist in the Jazz scene. My hubby Steve took care of water and 
snacks for the film crew.



I taught Paul Jolley in Science.
I also taught another Paul Jolley.  Not the same.

Within 5-10 minutes, you know who will get together.
And, they always live Happily Ever After.

So, if heaven is like a Hallmark Channel movie,
COUNT ME IN!!!

No comments: