Tuesday, December 12, 2017

THE EVANS GIRLS . . . AND ONE EX


In the 80's I taught 3 Evans children.
Jessica, Jodi, and Johnny.
I loved them!
Then in the 2000's, I taught 3 of
Jessica's children.
Maddie, Elisabeth, and Thomas.

I loved seeing Jessica at school!
I knew that she had had problems
with her marriage.
I liked her husband.
But, it was awkward, like at her
children's weddings.

Jessica met Matt Kelsch.
I taught Matt's brother, Cody.
He teaches at Lone Peak High School.
She has 7 kids, he has 4.
They were married in October.






Combined family.

Here is their story:
Nov. 21, 2016 is the day my life took the turn for the better. After hours of texting backand forth we met at Hart’s gas station for the first time at 2:30 in the morning. We had hot cocoa and we ended up talking for couple of hours more until we had to get ready for work. From that day till now we have had the most amazing and beautiful time together. And we feel we want to have a lifetime of amazing life together!! Our love grew from the first day we met to overflowing of love and gratitude.
I am pleased to announce that Jessica Moffat and I are engaged!!! 💍
We are so grateful for all those who have loved and supported us. We are so excited to begin the next chapter of our lives with each other and our children. We love you all!!


Jessica's ex is engaged, too.
This will be his combined family.
I did not find their story on Facebook,
but she teaches 4th grade at Mountainville Academy.
He has 7 kids, she has 2.




Jodi was a single mother for a long time.
Then, she went back to college,
and is now a teacher at Thunder Ridge!

There was a couple in her ward, where the
wife passed away this last spring.
Jodi was married to him in November.
She has 3 kids.  He has 9 kids, and 5 grandchildren.

Here is her story:
Long post warning:
35 years ago today a most beautiful union took place. And up until most recently it,
 to me, might have been deemed just a great marriage. No, it was a miracle. My miracle.

Ben married Katie and he has testified to me of his knowledge of how much he must 
mean to God because he was allowed the privilege of marrying an elect daughter such 
as she was. She helped him become the man he is who honors his priesthood, dotes
 on his wife, and works tirelessly to provide for his family.

Together they created 9 beautiful humans. Life wasn’t easy, they both understood
 it wasn’t meant to be. They knew how to do hard things together. 5 of their blessings have 
married and multiplied. Their lasting legacy of love won’t be stopped now. It will forever
 give glory to this beautiful couple and the God who allowed them this opportunity. 

Growing up I was taught the value of a marriage by a mother and stepdad who are
 fiercely loyal to each other. I never thought another marriage would have a greater 
impact than that of my own parents. I was wrong. Ben and Katie’s marriage has 
afforded me opportunities I never even dreamed possible. To be married to Ben has
 been nothing short of my miracle. My greatest blessing came at such a cost for those
 that I am learning I love most. It is opposition at its hardest.

Gratitude for Katie and the role she played in the lives of her family is almost too much 
for me to feel. I owe everything I have to this great lady and her family who have welcomed
 myself and my three as their own.

I will forever thank my Heavenly Father for the tender way He leads me along. It might
 seem strange for this post to come from me and I understand why, but I don’t ever want to 
forget how much love I have for those people I have in my life right now in this moment and the source of that goodness. Happy Anniversary Ben and Katie!


No comments: