Thursday, April 16, 2015

KINDRA



Yay for my friend, Kindra Reid!
Kindra was in my "TAH" (Teaching American History)
class in the district from 2011-2012.
We were in the "Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute"
in July of 2012.
We became great friends, because we had foot problems.
One of our teachers, Linda, drove her and I when
there was long places to walk.
I sat next to her at the math Common Core inservice
in April of 2013.  
I already had my appointment to talk to Trudy in the District Office
about retirement.  Kindra had just had heel surgery, and had
stitches.  I heard a snap, and she groaned, "noooooo."
Her stitches had come undone.
That's when I whispered to her, "I'm done!"
That's when I knew!  I didn't want to have a ton of foot surgeries
like she had, and not heal properly because you are
always teaching.
But then, I was about 25 years older than her.
Kindra was the very first person to know that I was
absolutely going to retire!
She teaches 5th grade at Harvest, with my former principal, Karl Bowman.



Congrats to Kindra Reid from Harvest elementary for being the AEA Teacher of the year.

No comments: