Saturday, May 2, 2020

CORONA or COVID-19 COLLEGE (NON) COMMENCEMENT

3 Graduates
3 Schools
Seth Barker . . . Lone Peak High
(I taught several of his siblings.  Last of the Barker kiddos)
Ryan Wyman, Beth's husband . . . Brigham Young University
Elizabeth Barker Wyman . . . Utah Valley University  HONORS
Major:  Computer Science



Beth & Seth
Sister & Brother


Katie Neves 
 Southern Utah University
Major:  Creative Writing
Minor:  Shakespeare Studies

A minor in Shakespeare Studies???
Well . . . this is Katie's grandfather, Fred Adams.
He is the founder of the
Utah Shakespearean Festival
in Cedar City.
He passed away earlier this year.


Matthew Whiting
Brigham Young University
Major:  Biology
Working towards hospital administration



Lorilee Jones Colgrove
University of Colorado
Masters Degree in Business Administration
Lorilee Jones was in my first class!
1980-1981
Which makes her 50!!!
(Did I say that out loud???)
Such a sweetie!

Lori received her MBA
from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
She moved her family from Minnesota to Colorado.
That's courageous!
She was a recent widow, with 4 boys and 1 girl.
One of her boys recently graduated from BYU.


Cebrina Ator Laake
Utah Valley University
Masters Degree in Accounting


The Ator family has 7 children.
I taught 6 of the 7.
I did not teach the youngest, because I had retired.

Cebrina was a cheerleader at Lone Peak when
I received my
TEACHER OF THE YEAR.
It was great to have her and 2 other students
cheer me on as I received my award at Lone Peak.
Cebrina was also a cheerleader at UVU.
She is expecting her first baby later this year.


Samantha Raven Ballard
University of Utah
Masters Degree in Accounting
(not sure why the green robe)



Liz Finlayson
Brigham Young University
Major:  Science Education
I did not teach Liz, but her dad taught with me,
and I lined her dad up with his wife, Cortney.
Liz is super smart!
She also served a mission in New Jersey.
Liz signed a contract with the Salt Lake School District
to teach high school physics!

Jaxon Warr McAffe & Annie Stephenson Warr
Utah State University
Annie's Major:  Elementary Education
Jaxon's Major:  Business Education
Another couple I didn't teach.
But, Annie's dad was my favorite principal!
For 8 years!
And, he's from Nephi!
He used to mow my grandma's lawn.

Annie will teach 2nd grade at River Rock Elementary in Lehi.
Jaxon will teach business and Student Council at
Skyridge High School.


And special shout outs to . . . 
Parents of Students who Graduated:

Sharon Dauwalder, Parent
Utah State University
Mother of former students,
Spenser Dauwalder and Chelsea Dauwalder

Masters of Education in
Instructional Technology & Learning Sciences
Today was supposed to be my 
COMMENCEMENT from 
UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY M.Ed - Instructional Technology and Learning Sc
Amy Schultz Johnson, Parent
Brigham Young University

Bachelors Degree in Linguistics with a
Minor in Editing

 Amy is the mother of former student, Chucky Johnson.
I'm not sure how many children she has . . . it's between 9 - 11.
This is a daughter attending BYU.

Here she is with her BYU flag.
She is in her driveway with her Charlie Brown statue.
WHAT???
Why would anyone have a Charlie Brown statue???
Well, Amy's maiden name is Schulz,
and her father is Charles Schulz.
THAT Charles Schulz.  The creator of the Peanuts Comic Strip!


And, don't forget Snoopy!


And . . . A little Med School Humor

No comments: