Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'M JAZZ'D



I have been a Utah Jazz fan since the team moved
from New Orleans in 1979.
I would buy my tickets at Smith's (Smithtix) in American Fork
close to my house.
Sometimes I got in line at 4 am...when playoff tickets
went on sale at 7 am!
In the mid 90's, I would get a mini package 
through the UEA.
It was perfect!
There were 10 games, then, I had first shot at playoff tickets!
I usually took a niece or nephew.
Of course, my tickets were always in the upper bowl.
In 2005, I had a 16 game package, and playoff tickets.
My seats were the first row of the upper bowl, 
and my mom started going to the games with me.
The next year, I got a full season ticket package!
We were on the 3rd row of the upper bowl.
The Jazz had an open house one day in the summer to have
  opportunity to change seats.
I picked 2 seats in the lower bowl, 2nd to top row, 2 end seats!
It's close to where we park.
We are by bathroom, Diet Coke, and Cafe Ole!
It's perfect for my mom!
So, since the fall of 2008, I have enjoyed primo seats!
Also, I give tickets away as gifts.
The nieces and nephews and their spouses get a game for Christmas,
I've given some as wedding presents, graduation,
and to those who have never gone that I know would love it!
I also get a nice gift each year, and a $350 credit.
I can use this at the Larry H. Miller theaters or Jazz games.
I take a niece or nephew, and their entire family.
McKay and Ashley and families have been the recipients so far.
Probably Chris this year.

This year, a not so winning season, I was given the opportunity
to pick 4 games, 2 seats, near me.
I took Don and Matt,
Kai and Kim, 
Nancy, Karl, and Nathan Pope,
and
Calvan's grandchildren...Ashley, Carson, and Garret.

Here's some fun miscellaneous pictures:

 Adonna and her family gave this toaster to me as a retirement gift!



 Natalie Pope came to visit me.



 Cierra and I were trying to decide whose boot was the cutest!



 
 Garret, Carson, and Ashley Vance.
I taught with their grandpa my first 17 years.
He put up with me the longest!






Nancy and I.


Karl, Nancy, and Nathan Pope.
Nancy is my most favorite teacher friend at Alpine!
We even went to Hawaii together!
We've been together for 30 years!


And...thanks to Kilee Iverson, we were able to
go outside the dressing room and get autographs!


Alec Burks

Andris Biedrins

Diante Garrett

Diante was in a WalMart in Iowa when he got the call
to come play with the Jazz when Trey Burke went out!
He was playing minor league ball in Iowa.
He's still on the team...even after Trey Burke came back!
Enes Kanter

John Lucas III

Coach Tyrone Corbin

Richard Jefferson

Derrick Favors

Trey Burke
Our #1 Rookie!

Mike Harris

Mike Harris
I loved talking to him!
He said he didn't like the snow!
His car was covered during a practice. He had nothing to clean his car off with!
He said his car spun around in the parking lot.
I told him kids here go to empty church parking lots and spin.
They're called donuts.

Rudy Gobert


Gordon Hayward
My nephew, Chris, and I watched him play in the Sweet 16
and Elite 8 from Butler University!

Gordon Hayward


And the results:








No comments: