Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WARD/BRANCH CONFERENCE SEASON


I have been the Stake Relief Society Secretary now for 6 months.
We are now in the "Ward/Branch Conference Season."
We attend every ward and branch in the stake for their
entire block program.
We also teach in Relief Society.
Since the handbook says that secretaries are not to teach...only
Pam, Janice, and Brigitte will be teaching.
However, I am teaching at the care centers.
Mine is more of a talk than a lesson.
That's good...since I have my talk for when I speak with the
High Councilman on 
"High Council Sunday!"


Our Stake Relief Society Presidency
 Brigitte Morales...2nd Counselor 38th Branch (Spanish)
 Pam Blachurst...President  Harbor 1st Ward
Me...Secretary  38th Ward
Janice Davenport...1st Counselor  17th Ward
 I worked at the temple with Pam and Janice.

 January 12 was our first conference.
 We went to the 45th Branch for Branch Conference.
The 45th Branch is "Stonehenge", a rehab facility
for people recovering from different ailments.

In attendance Sunday was Julie B. Beck.
She was the previous Relief Society General President!
Her mother was there.
Her children went to Alpine Elementary.
I was so glad I knew her.
It was fun to visit with her!

The best advice she gave to me about retirement,
is that you have to REINVENT yourself!


No comments: