Monday, January 6, 2014

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS


On Sunday, December 8, my mom and I were able to go to the
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Sunday morning broadcast of
Music and the Spoken Word.

This is the way to go!
You see the broadcast, then the choir performs the other songs from
their concert that were not in the broadcast.
Except, they repeat the last couple of numbers.

The Choir has performed all over the world, and at five presidential inaugurations!
President Reagan nicknamed them
"America's Choir"

 Thanks, Analee, for the tickets!
    
 Before the concert, a little practice.
Most men's jackets are off.





Lots of applause and standing ovations!
Lots of tv equipment, too!


Look who I found!
The Young Family!!!
I taught all of these girls!
Keenan, the boy, is currently in 5th grade.
I taught the other 2 boys...Zac, who was parking car with dad, and Dylan.
I went to Dylan's baptism,
 and to Dylan (at Mt. Timpanogos and Keenan's (at Draper) sealings!

(standing by me...left to right)
Sydney   Mariah   Arianna   Keilani

Sydney and Keilani were in the same class!

One of my favorite families over the years!!! 

Then, that night, I went to
Joyful Christmas Sounds
in Alpine!
I first went to this in 1983 at the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
The next two years, I actually was in the production!
A parent asked me to play the clarinet in the orchestra!
My jr. high band teach conducted one year, and Conrad the next.


Here's an article about it that appeared in the Daily Herald.

It's time once again to begin thinking about Christmas, especially if you love the songs of the season and you love to sing. Each year we put on a Christmas concert the second Sunday of December for the community. This is a long-standing tradition in Alpine dating from 1970. Marvin Payne conducts the choir and the audience as we celebrate the season. The theme this year is "The Dawning of Christmas." The performance will be Dec. 8 and is free and open to the public, eight years and older. Join with us to celebrate the beautiful music and message of the Christmas season.








No comments: