Friday, February 27, 2015

A WARM FUZZY FROM JOSH

Tommy Heaps posted this great photo on Facebook.
This was my 4th year of teaching...1983-1984.
These kids were GREAT!
I even taught one student's two boys!!!
(Boy, could I rock the mullet!)

Row 1:  Joshua Frazier  Adrienne Compton  Shelley Phipps  Annette Reichert
Andy Wastell  Jason Hewlett  Michael Benson
Row 2:  Tommy Heaps  Tim Healey  Mindi Anderson  Braden Barnhart  Jeff Smith  James Jackson  Marylynn Smith  Trevin Rasmussen
Row 3:  Miss Mitchell  Debbie Vance  Steve Kellman  Eric Murdock  Jerusha Bateman  Mike Lake  Jared Deane  Sue Miller (deceased)  Mr. Olsen
Row 4:  Alena Hatch  Matt Forte  Joshua Boswell  Jared Tadje  Aaron Turpen  Sarah Garbett  Nicole de Paula  Stephanie Shire  (Jennifer Tolman moved in later)


And sometimes, out of nowhere, you get something like this:

  • Joshua T Boswell Just in case I've never stated it publicly... Miss Mitchell wasn't just a great 5th grade teacher, she was the WORLD"S GREATEST TEACHER. 

    God put her in my life at a time of great distress and turmoil. She was always happy, always loving, always encouraging. No doubt I'd be 10x the knucklehead that I am now without her amazing influence in my life. 


    Thanks Miss Mitchell!!!

This not only made my day...it made my year!!!
Josh was the 2nd of 3 Boswell boys that I taught.
I remember 2 very funny incidents about Josh.

We were doing our "Pyramid Building Contest" for P.E.
I was helping a group, by being on the bottom.
Josh came up to me, and said, "Miss Mitchell.  Your button
is undone."  Then he said, "If I couldn't tell you...who could!"

The other one cracked me up for 29 years.
I had a copy of the Declaration of Independence on my 
Revolutionary War bulletin board..
After that year, I took it to be laminated at the District Office.
When I put it up the next year, there at the bottom, under
the signatures of the Founding Fathers, in pencil, 
was a tiny signature of "Boz."
This was a nickname he liked to go by.

Because he wrote lightly in pencil, I'm sure
he figured that I would just erase it, and all would be well.
Every year when I would put it up on my bulletin board,
I'd just chuckle, and remember this wonderful kid!

Also, towards the end of my teaching career, I went in
the lunchroom at Clear Creek when we arrived.
And there was Josh.  He was being chaperone
for a nephew in another class.

Joshua now lives in Missouri, and is a 
counselor in a stake presidency.
He has 11 children!!!

A "Proud Miss Mitchell Moment!"


Shauna Hunt took this picture!
It is in Nauvoo, Illinois.




No comments: