Monday, February 2, 2015

ENGAGED . . . PART 1



(Facebook Pictures)

Former teammate, Matt Goff, became engaged on
Saturday, January 31, at Sundance!
Her name is Brooke Johnson, and she teaches 1st grade
at Fox Hollow...the school where Matt has taught for 1 1/2 years.
(This must be the real reason he transferred to Fox Hollow!)
She's tall, and beautiful.

On January 13, Adonna had been subbing at Fox Hollow.
Her daughter, Amanda, teaches 3rd grade there.
She said she talked to Matt, and thought he liked the 1st grade teacher.

The next day, I went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.
Matt's parents were the witness couple in my session.
In the Celestial Room, they asked what I was doing there in the middle of the day.
I told them my retirement story.
I asked them how Matt was, and if he had a girlfriend yet.
His mom spilled the beans about his engagement!
Then, she almost died!  She made me promise not to say anything to anyone.
Well, promising in the temple...you just can't break it!
I asked her if it was a teacher at his school.
She wouldn't say...but I could tell it was!
I couldn't remember if she said he was engaged, or was getting engaged.

On Saturday morning, my phone rang, with Matt's picture coming up.
I knew what was coming!!!
But first, he told me he was a homeowner!
A condo in south Orem.
I asked him if his brother would be with him.
He said, "Nope.  My wife!"
He had gotten engaged a few hours earlier.
I was happy he gave me a personal call.

Matt had never mentioned her, or posted pictures on Facebook or Instagram.
It was a total shock to soooo many!

Getting married May 23...Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
That will be tough to plan a wedding during testing season,
and getting married when you're wrapping up the year.
Then, summer will be great!

Matt is my first team member to get married since Jody Fassett Kyburz!
(Jody was my only single team member in the first 25 years of teaching)

Other teammates weddings probably coming up:
Don Beckstrand
Analee Wiser
(both lost their spouses)

And then, there's just Condita & BreAnn left!



No comments: